Monday, October 13, 2008

You Had Me At Hello

There's so many things that are hilariously terrible about Kenny Chesney: He is a "country singer" but he's really a Jimmy Buffet 2.0, he tried to be a part of Kanye West and 50 Cent contest to sell more records (ended up 3rd) and he wrote a song called "You Had Me At Hello" based on the line from Jerry Maguire. He then went on to marry to Renee Zellwegger. I have nothing against the Zell and find her man choices incredibly fasinating (Jim Carrey, Jack White). But, I guess good ole Kenny is drumming up some press for his new album by trudging out a marriage he should probably try to ignore. My favorite parts are below:
I think that the fraud and the "oh, yeah" (which I imagine said with Kool-aid man-like enthusiasm) totally dispel the gay rumors. via HuffPost

Also, sort of related, how amazing was this week's Mad Men episode "The Jet Set" (full disclosure, I am doing PR for this show, but I was a huge fan first). This is one of the funniest clips from the show, ever...

0 comments: